Many couples say that after their Imago weekend they experience a “glow” similar to their romantic love days together. Many of those couples also report a tendency to not use their new skills during this period because things feel “so good”. Later, when the glow begins to fade, usually about 2 1/2 to 3 months down the road, they look back and regret that they had not taken advantage of that window of opportunity to begin putting their new tools into place as soon as they left the workshop.
The next 5 steps you need to take IMMEDIATELY to prevent the dreaded “Post-Workshop-Back-Sliding” syndrome!
1) TOMORROW NIGHT: Begin the 20-Dialogues-in-20-Days-At-Home-Practice- Program!
2) TOMORROW: Begin gifting your partner once a day or more, with items off their Caring Behaviors list. Post the list where you will see it on a daily basis.
3) SOMETIME THIS WEEK: Post the BCR you agreed to and make plans to fulfill.
4) THIS WEEK or NEXT: Keep the date you set with your partner to discuss and co-create your Conscious Relationship Vision. Protect that time & follow through! When done, post your Vision where you can see it daily.
5) NEXT MONTH: Make a date with your partner to sit down for an hour or so to discuss your progress. That would be a good time to explore a) the exercises in the back section of your manuals, 2) the Couples Workstation website and 3) some of the options below for keeping your work going.
Safe and joyful paddlin’! Barbara